I put together a list of things to do between now and September:
- Order some books on reading list from library and set up wish list on Amazon
- Check what exhibitions are coming up locally - Bankfield, Shibden Hall, Piece Hall, Dean Clough, Leeds Industrial museum. Anything on Asian textiles maybe in Bradford or Dewsbury?
- Plan to visit Harrogate Knitting & Stitching Show
- Have a look at some Picasso & Van Gogh - think I've books at home
- Draft a study plan
- Think about what sized sketch books I should buy. A3 probably too big. A5 too small but would fit in bag. A4 probably about right. I need a new bag!
- Research Harvard referencing on OCA website
- Read Study Skills Guide
- Consider some ideas for a theme book. Initially I'm thinking 'Underwater', possibly because we visited the Sealife Centre in Scarborough last weekend and it made me feel like a big kid and I fell in love with the seahorses. Also I have a lovely coffee table book about exploring the underwater world and I'm always attracted to marine colours - sea greens and turquoise. The other idea is 'My Garden'. I love my garden and planning the planting schemes and I like to photograph it so have a good resource there.